Regular source of ambulatory care and medical care utilization by patients presenting to a public hospital emergency department.
- To determine the regular source of care and the relationship between usual provider and use of medical services among ambulatory emergency department patients.
- Cross-sectional survey.
- A public hospital in Los Angeles County, California.
- A total of 1190 stable, ambulatory adults presenting to the emergency department during a 2-week period.
Main Outcome Measures
- Self-reported regular source of care, usual health status, and recent physician visits.
- A total of 16% of the patients identified an emergency department as their regular source of care.
One fourth of this group reported fair or poor health.
African Americans and Latinos were more likely than whites to identify an emergency department as their regular source of care.
Mots-clés Pascal : Homme, Hôpital général, Urgence, Ambulatoire
Mots-clés Pascal anglais : Human, General hospital, Emergency, Ambulatory
Notice produite par :
Inist-CNRS - Institut de l'Information Scientifique et Technique
Cote : 94-0522508
Code Inist : 002B30A01B. Création : 199501.