logo BDSP

Base documentaire

  1. Childhood tuberculosis at a Swiss university hospital : a 2-year study.

    Article - En anglais

    The incidence of tuberculosis (TB) presenting to the University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland, was studied over 2 years.

    Clinical data on all children receiving antituberculous drug therapy was collected.

    Of the 43 identified cases, 42% had active disease (i.e. clinical evidence of organ involvement), the remaining 58% being asymptomatic.

    All 43 children originated from countries other than Switzerland.

    Symptomatic, drug induced hepatitis necessitated temporary interruption of therapy in 2 children (5%). Contact screening yielded three new cases of pulmonary TB, three previously diagnosed cases and seven instances of a positive medical history in relatives living in other countries.

    Of the 34 families in this study, contact screening could not be completed in 8.

    Mots-clés Pascal : Appareil respiratoire pathologie, Bactériose, Infection, Epidémiologie, Enfant, Homme, Suisse, Europe, Tuberculose, Mycobactériose

    Mots-clés Pascal anglais : Respiratory disease, Bacteriosis, Infection, Epidemiology, Child, Human, Switzerland, Europe, Tuberculosis, Mycobacterial infection

    Logo du centre Notice produite par :
    Inist-CNRS - Institut de l'Information Scientifique et Technique

    Cote : 94-0019517

    Code Inist : 002B05B02E. Création : 199406.