The effects of indoor environmental factors on respiratory illness were studied in 15017-12 year old school children in Kuala Lumpur.
Exposure to mosquito coil smoke for at least three nights a week was independently associated with asthma and persistent wheeze.
Passive smoking, defined as sharing a bedroom with an adult smoker, was independently associated with a chest illness in the past year.
No relationships were found between exposure to kerosene stoves, wood stoves, fumigation at mosquito repellents or aerosol insecticides and respiratory illness.
Mots-clés Pascal : Homme, Asie, Pollution intérieur, Tabagisme passif, Produit combustion, Toxicité, Enfant, Asthme, Epidémiologie, Fonction respiratoire, Insecticide, Répulsif, Bois chauffage, Pesticide, Appareil respiratoire pathologie, Allergie, Immunopathologie, Malaisie
Mots-clés Pascal anglais : Human, Asia, Indoor pollution, Passive smoking, Combustion product, Toxicity, Child, Asthma, Epidemiology, Lung function, Insecticide, Repellent, Firewood, Pesticides, Respiratory disease, Allergy, Immunopathology, Malaysia
Notice produite par :
Inist-CNRS - Institut de l'Information Scientifique et Technique
Cote : 91-0448459
Code Inist : 002B11C. Création : 199406.