In August 1988, an estimated 3,175 women who attended a 5-day outdoor music festival in Michigan became ill with gastroenteritis caused by Shigella sonnei.
An uncooked tofu salad served on the last day was implicated as the outbreak vehicle.
Limited access to soap and running water for handwashing was one of the few sanitary deficits noted at this gathering.
Mots-clés Pascal : Bactériose, Infection, Amérique du Nord, Amérique, Shigellose, Gastroentérite, Epidémiologie, Homme, Intoxication alimentaire, Hygiène, Prévention, Foyer infectieux, Etats Unis, Appareil digestif pathologie
Mots-clés Pascal anglais : Bacteriosis, Infection, North America, America, Shigellosis, Gastroenteritis, Epidemiology, Human, Food poisoning, Hygiene, Prevention, Infectious focus, United States, Digestive diseases
Notice produite par :
Inist-CNRS - Institut de l'Information Scientifique et Technique
Cote : 91-0374983
Code Inist : 002B05B02F. Création : 199406.