logo BDSP

Base documentaire


  1. Intraspousal transmission of GB virus C/hepatitis G virus in an hepatitis C virus hyperendemic area in Japan.

    Article - En anglais

    OBJECTIVE 

    An immunoassay for antibodies against an hepatitis G virus (HGV) protein (anti-E2) was recently developed that might serve as a useful marker for diagnosing recovery from HGV infection.

    METHODS 

    We investigated the intraspousal transmission of GB virus C/hepatitis G virus (GBV-C/HGV) using both reverse transcription hemipolymerase chain reaction (RT-hemi-PCR for the 5'untranslated region) and a recently developed anti-E2.

    RESULTS 

    Thirty-two GBV-C/HGV-infected index subjects were selected from an hepatitis C virus hyperendemic area in Japan.

    Of the 32 subjects, seven (6.4%) were GBV-C/HGV RNA-positive, 24 (21.8%) were anti-E2-positive, and one (0.9%) was both GBV-C/HGV RNA-and anti-E2-positive.

    Among the 32 spouses of these subjects, GBV-C/HGV RNA, anti-E2, and both GBV-C/HGV RNA and anti-E2 positivity were detected in 0,6, (18.8%), and one (3.1%) spouses, respectively (the total prevalence of GBV-C/HGV was 7 spouses [21.9% ]). Thus, the intraspousal transmission of GBV-C/HGV was undeniable in these seven couples.

    The respective positive rates of 175 sex-and age-matched controls were 7 (4.0%), 26 (14.9%), and 0 (the total prevalence of GBV-C/HGV was 34 [19.4% ]). No significant difference in positive rates was observed between the subjects/spouses and the controls.

    Five spouses among the seven couples who were positive for any of GBV-C/HGV markers had parenteral risk factors such as blood transfusion, acupuncture, and major surgery. (...)

    Mots-clés Pascal : Hépatite virale C, Virose, Infection, Endémie, Virus hépatite C, Hepacivirus, Flaviviridae, Virus, Contamination, Transmission homme homme, Milieu familial, Réaction chaîne polymérase, Epidémiologie, Homme, Japon, Asie, Appareil digestif pathologie, Foie pathologie, Biologie moléculaire, Virus hépatite G, Hépatite virale G

    Mots-clés Pascal anglais : Viral hepatitis C, Viral disease, Infection, Endemy, Hepatitis C virus, Hepacivirus, Flaviviridae, Virus, Contamination, Transmission from man to man, Family environment, Polymerase chain reaction, Epidemiology, Human, Japan, Asia, Digestive diseases, Hepatic disease, Molecular biology, GBC-V hepatitis

    Logo du centre Notice produite par :
    Inist-CNRS - Institut de l'Information Scientifique et Technique

    Cote : 99-0320626

    Code Inist : 002B05C02G. Création : 16/11/1999.