logo BDSP

Base documentaire


Votre avis nous intéresse

Le réseau BDSP met en oeuvre un projet d'innovation et d'amélioration de ses services, dans le souci constant de proposer des contenus de qualité adaptés aux besoins des utilisateurs.

Identifier de nouvelles sources de financements est la condition nécessaire pour assurer la poursuite et la pérennité de cet outil unique qu'est la BDSP, tout en le faisant évoluer.

Pour définir un nouveau modèle économique, nous avons besoin de votre avis : merci de répondre à notre enquête (temps estimé : 5 minutes).

Participer maintenant
Participer plus tard J'ai déjà participé

  1. Establishing efficient partner notification periods for patients with chlamydia.

    Article - En anglais

    Objectives 

    To delineate chlamydia partner notification periods with high proportions of infected, untreated sexual partners, and to evaluate relevant Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations.

    Methods 

    Disease Intervention Specialists (DIS) offered contact tracing services to all chlamydia patients (N=1,309) reported in Colorado Springs between July 1996 and June 1997.

    Patients were asked to identify sexual partners during the 180 days preceding treatment.

    Partners were actively sought by DIS and offered DNA amplification testing.

    Results 

    Of 1,309 patients, 1,109 were interviewed, resulting in 2,293 named partners.

    Two fifths of eligible partners were located ; inability to examine partners was related to time of last exposure and to frequency of sexual exposure.

    Of located partners, 95% were tested with DNA amplification technology.

    Adherence to CDC criteria identified 88% of infected, untreated partners ; the other 12% consisted mainly of epidemiologically important asymptomatic men whose infection is seldom identified by current public health interventions.

    Conclusions 

    The chlamydia partner notification recommendations of the CDC are adequate, but miss men with longstanding infection.

    These men contribute to entrenched chlamydia endemicity ; targeted programs to screen high-risk men merit serious consideration.

    Mots-clés Pascal : Chlamydiose, Bactériose, Infection, Homme, Information, Partenaire sexuel, Epidémiologie, Etats Unis, Amérique du Nord, Amérique

    Mots-clés Pascal anglais : Chlamydiosis, Bacteriosis, Infection, Human, Information, Sex partner, Epidemiology, United States, North America, America

    Logo du centre Notice produite par :
    Inist-CNRS - Institut de l'Information Scientifique et Technique

    Cote : 99-0104252

    Code Inist : 002B05B02H. Création : 16/11/1999.