logo BDSP

Base documentaire


Votre avis nous intéresse

Le réseau BDSP met en oeuvre un projet d'innovation et d'amélioration de ses services, dans le souci constant de proposer des contenus de qualité adaptés aux besoins des utilisateurs.

Identifier de nouvelles sources de financements est la condition nécessaire pour assurer la poursuite et la pérennité de cet outil unique qu'est la BDSP, tout en le faisant évoluer.

Pour définir un nouveau modèle économique, nous avons besoin de votre avis : merci de répondre à notre enquête (temps estimé : 5 minutes).

Participer maintenant
Participer plus tard J'ai déjà participé

  1. A study of the frequency of pericardial and pleural effusions in scleroderma.

    Article - En anglais

    Objective

    To determine the frequency of pericardial and pleural effusions in scleroderma.

    Methods

    Using a case-control format, patients with scleroderma and no known cardiac disease were recruited.

    Echocardiograms and chest radiographs were performed.

    Age-and gender-matched controls had echocardiograms performed which were read by a cardiologist, blinded to the diagnosis.

    The medical records of 60 other scleroderma patients were also reviewed.

    Results

    Thirty-seven scleroderma subjects were recruited, of whom 18 had diffuse disease.

    Only eight subjects with diffuse disease and five with limited scleroderma had normal echocardiograms compared to 20 of 37 controls (P<0.1).

    Two had pericardial effusions, both with diffuse scleroderma, and none of the controls had effusions present.

    Pulmonary hypertension occurred in three with diffuse disease and no controls.

    A chart review of a further 60 patients with scleroderma was performed.

    Pleural effusions were identified in 7% (4/58) of the cohort of scleroderma patients and were more frequent in diffuse disease (10%). A total of 17% (4/23) of diffuse and 4% (1/23) of limited scleroderma patients had evidence of pericardial effusions.

    Conclusions

    Pericardial effusions do occur in scleroderma without evidence of clinical cardiac dysfunction and are more common in diffuse scleroderma.

    Pleural effusions in scleroderma occur less frequently, in 7%.

    Mots-clés Pascal : Sclérodermie, Complication, Homme, Epanchement, Péricarde, Symptomatologie, Plèvre, Exploration, Epidémiologie, Fréquence, Radiographie, Echocardiographie, Peau pathologie, Tissu conjonctif pathologie, Maladie système, Maladie autoimmune, Immunopathologie, Appareil circulatoire pathologie, Cardiopathie, Péricarde pathologie, Appareil respiratoire pathologie, Plèvre pathologie, Exploration ultrason

    Mots-clés Pascal anglais : Scleroderma, Complication, Human, Effusion, Pericardium, Symptomatology, Pleura, Exploration, Epidemiology, Frequency, Radiography, Echocardiography, Skin disease, Connective tissue disease, Systemic disease, Autoimmune disease, Immunopathology, Cardiovascular disease, Heart disease, Pericardial disease, Respiratory disease, Pleural disease, Sonography

    Logo du centre Notice produite par :
    Inist-CNRS - Institut de l'Information Scientifique et Technique

    Cote : 99-0091653

    Code Inist : 002B07. Création : 31/05/1999.