Influenza pandemic preparedness plan for the United States.
Pandemic Influenza : Confronting a Re-emergent Threat. Bethesda (USA), 1995/12/11.
In preparation for the next influenza pandemic, a comprehensive and action-oriented plan is presently under development that focuses on six major areas :
(1) improvements in ongoing virologic and disease-based surveillance systems ;
(2) vaccination of high-priority target groups, and, given sufficient vaccine supplies, the entire US population ;
(3) liability programs for vaccine manufacturers and health care providers ;
(4) research to improve detection of new variants and to accelerate the availability of existing and novel vaccines and antiviral agents ;
(5) integrated, multicomponent communication systems for rapid information dissemination and exchange ;
and (6) emergency preparedness plans to provide for adequate medical care and maintenance of essential community services.
The sudden and unpredictable emergence of pandemic influenza and its potential for causing severe health and social consequences dictate the need for close collaboration among a wide variety of organizations in both the public and private sectors.
Mots-clés Pascal : Grippe A, Virose, Infection, Homme, Epidémie, Prévention, Immunoprophylaxie, Chimioprophylaxie, Traitement, Politique sanitaire, ORL pathologie, Appareil respiratoire pathologie
Mots-clés Pascal anglais : Influenza A, Viral disease, Infection, Human, Epidemic, Prevention, Immunoprophylaxis, Chemoprophylaxis, Treatment, Health policy, ENT disease, Respiratory disease
Notice produite par :
Inist-CNRS - Institut de l'Information Scientifique et Technique
Cote : 97-0460467
Code Inist : 002A05C06. Création : 03/02/1998.