logo BDSP

Base documentaire


Votre avis nous intéresse

Le réseau BDSP met en oeuvre un projet d'innovation et d'amélioration de ses services, dans le souci constant de proposer des contenus de qualité adaptés aux besoins des utilisateurs.

Identifier de nouvelles sources de financements est la condition nécessaire pour assurer la poursuite et la pérennité de cet outil unique qu'est la BDSP, tout en le faisant évoluer.

Pour définir un nouveau modèle économique, nous avons besoin de votre avis : merci de répondre à notre enquête (temps estimé : 5 minutes).

Participer maintenant
Participer plus tard J'ai déjà participé

  1. Anesthesia practices in the United States common to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Centers.

    Article - En anglais

    Purpose 

    Our purpose was to characterize and describe anesthesia practice in programs performing IVF in the United States.

    Methods 

    We used a telephone survey requiring respondents to be either the program director a physician, or a nurse familiar with the practice.

    Two hundred seven (78%) Society ofAssisted Reproductive Technology (SART) registered programs agreed to participate.

    Programs were divided by geographic region and type of practice (academic versus private).

    Results 

    Ninety-one private (68%) and 41 academic (56%) programs used personnel provided by the Department of Anesthesiology.

    Conscious sedation was performed most commonly (95%). The remaining 5% used primarily either general, regional, or local anesthesia.

    Typical recovery times were 90 to 120 min.

    Average costs of anesthetic administration were $300-$400 and were similar among groups except for the Eastern academic programs, with a higher mean cost of $543.

    Programs using personnel from anesthesiology reported higher costs compared to programs utilizing their own staff ($391 ± 15 vs $157 ± if ; P<0.05).

    Complications were infrequent (<10%) ; no hospitalizations or serious life-threatening incidents were reported.

    Conclusions 

    A large number of programs safely used their own trained personnel to deliver anesthesia, and realized a significant reduction in cast.

    Mots-clés Pascal : Fécondation in vitro transfert embryon, Anesthésie, Epidémiologie, Etats Unis, Amérique du Nord, Amérique, Pratique professionnelle, Analyse coût, Procréation assistée, Homme

    Mots-clés Pascal anglais : In vitro fertilization embryo transfer, Anesthesia, Epidemiology, United States, North America, America, Professional practice, Cost analysis, Assisted procreation, Human

    Logo du centre Notice produite par :
    Inist-CNRS - Institut de l'Information Scientifique et Technique

    Cote : 97-0250735

    Code Inist : 002B20A04. Création : 11/06/1997.