logo BDSP

Base documentaire


  1. The cost of a hip fracture : Estimates for 1,709 patients in Sweden.

    Article - En anglais

    We calculated the costs related to hip fractures and estimated the potential cost savings from preventing hip fractures.

    Subjects for this retrospective study were 1,709 hip fracture patients admitted for a primary hip fracture during 1992 in Stockholm, Sweden.

    Direct costs were compiled for the services of hospital orthopedics, hospital geriatrics, nursing homes, home for the elderly, group living, other acute hospital care, and municipal home help.

    The direct costs per patient during 1 year after a fracture amounted to about USD 40,000.

    The county council was responsible for 59% of the direct costs during 1 year after a hip fracture, while the remaining 41% were referred to the municipality.

    In the morbidity group, the potential cost savings per patient from preventing hip fractures was about USD 22,000.

    Mots-clés Pascal : Fracture, Hanche, Suède, Europe, Epidémiologie, Incidence, Etude impact, Coût, Système santé, Homme, Membre inférieur, Système ostéoarticulaire pathologie, Traumatisme

    Mots-clés Pascal anglais : Fracture, Hip, Sweden, Europe, Epidemiology, Incidence, Impact study, Costs, Health system, Human, Lower limb, Diseases of the osteoarticular system, Trauma

    Logo du centre Notice produite par :
    Inist-CNRS - Institut de l'Information Scientifique et Technique

    Cote : 97-0177528

    Code Inist : 002B16H. Création : 21/05/1997.