logo BDSP

Base documentaire


Votre avis nous intéresse

Le réseau BDSP met en oeuvre un projet d'innovation et d'amélioration de ses services, dans le souci constant de proposer des contenus de qualité adaptés aux besoins des utilisateurs.

Identifier de nouvelles sources de financements est la condition nécessaire pour assurer la poursuite et la pérennité de cet outil unique qu'est la BDSP, tout en le faisant évoluer.

Pour définir un nouveau modèle économique, nous avons besoin de votre avis : merci de répondre à notre enquête (temps estimé : 5 minutes).

Participer maintenant
Participer plus tard J'ai déjà participé

  1. Sudden infant death in a tropical environment : Singapore's experience.

    Article - En anglais

    A total of 206 cases of sudden infant deaths examined at the Institute of Science and Forensic Medicine, Singapore, over a 5 year period (1989-93) were identified to assess the pattern of sudden death in this age group, which was subdivided into the neonatal and post-neonatal periods.

    A total of 34% (70) of infant deaths occurred in neonatal life and the remaining 66% (136) in the post-neonatal period ; 90% of the neonatal deaths were natural, of which over half were due to congenital heart disease and complications of prematurity.

    Unnatural deaths in this period were uncommon, there being only seven such deaths.

    In the post-neonatal period, unnatural deaths constituted 25% of the total with trauma and aspiration heading the list.

    Natural deaths in the post-neonatal period are predominantly due to infections (34%) and a group of sudden natural deaths with minimal findings (31%). The latter group may arguably represent cases of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).

    The yearly incidence of this group in our study varied between 0.08 to 0.2 per 1000 live births, which is considerably lower than the incidence quoted for Western populations.

    The criteria for the classification and the impact of sudden infant deaths in Asian countries are discussed.

    Mots-clés Pascal : Mort subite, Nourrisson, Homme, Epidémiologie, Singapour, Asie, Etude longitudinale, Etiologie, Age, Nouveau né

    Mots-clés Pascal anglais : Sudden death, Infant, Human, Epidemiology, Singapore, Asia, Follow up study, Etiology, Age, Newborn

    Logo du centre Notice produite par :
    Inist-CNRS - Institut de l'Information Scientifique et Technique

    Cote : 96-0250924

    Code Inist : 002B27B11. Création : 199608.