logo BDSP

Base documentaire

  1. Contribution of street foods to nutrient intakes by Nigerian adolescents.

    Article - En anglais

    The food and nutrient intake and the proportion of these supplied by street foods was studied in a group of 142 adolescent Nigerians, using structured questionnaire, 24-hour recall and weighed intake protocols.

    The results show that all the major groups of foods are represented in the menu and street food providing, overall, the major sources of dairy, meat, fish and egg.

    Mean intake of energy was 10.85 MJ for the cohort with street foods contributing almost 25%. For male subjects, 21% of the energy came from street foods while for females, the proportion was 29%. Also out of the mean intake of 62g total protein, street foods supplied over 50% for both male and female.

    The proportion was even higher for calcium (64%) and vitamin A (almost 60%). For all the other minerals and vitamins examined, street foods supplied over 50% of the intake.

    Mots-clés Pascal : Nigéria, Afrique, Adolescent, Homme, Consommation alimentaire, Nutriment, Aliment, Alimentation, Enquête, Surveillance sanitaire, Comportement alimentaire, Commerce rue

    Mots-clés Pascal anglais : Nigeria, Africa, Adolescent, Human, Food intake, Nutrient, Food, Feeding, Inquiry, Sanitary surveillance, Feeding behavior, Street trade

    Logo du centre Notice produite par :
    Inist-CNRS - Institut de l'Information Scientifique et Technique

    Cote : 95-0509153

    Code Inist : 002B29B. Création : 01/03/1996.